what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 8 January 2012

Mutha

In desperation I decided to try and find someone on an internet chat room.  Terrifying.  I found myself being confronted with moving images and being told to 'say hi to the stranger'.  Most flick quickly past me.  I think I wasn't conforming to etiquette by having my camera switched off.  I see underwear, I see penises, I see a reclining figure in a sari with hairy arms.  It does not seem like a salubrious meeting place.  Eventually someone pauses on me for long enough to type a '?'.  On the screen is the bottom half of a stubbled chin and a red T-shirt.  It seems less intimidating than the previous fleeting encounters.  I quickly respond.  Here follows the transcript of my first online chat with a stranger.

You're chatting with a random stranger on Omegle!
Stranger:  ?
You:  I'm trying to find out someone's middle name
Stranger:  ok
Stranger:  um
You:  it's a new year's resolution
Stranger:  uh
You:  do you have one
Stranger:  whos name
You:  your middle name
Stranger:  have one what
You:  a middle name
Stranger:  yes
Stranger:  mutha
You:  wheres it from
Stranger:  first name crazy last name fucka
You:  hahaha that's good
Stranger:  hahahahaha
Stranger:  peace now blackie
You:  peace
You:  thanks
 Your conversational partner has disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment