what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 10 February 2012

Elizabeth

Back in the supermarket, buying a walnut-layer cake, I am served by the lady with braided hair from 1st February.  I ask if she remembers me.  She is coy but acknowledges our previous encounter.  I ask if, today, she will give me the answer I am looking for.  Again she passes the buck.  "She's got one", she says pointing to a colleague who also has braided hair but hers is tied higher and tighter.  She is perhaps a bit older.  "It's Elizabeth".  The colleague smiles and acknowledges this to be the case.  They have worked together for ten years.

My check-out assistant asks for my middle name.  I tell her but she still refuses to give hers in return.  I leave more determined than ever to discover it before the year is through.

No comments:

Post a Comment