what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 19 May 2012

Edwin

'No, I just wear a tie for no reason', says the bald man with the striped shirt when I ask whether he works at the pub.  A lady was trying to get in the door and had mistaken me for a member of staff.  I explain the situation.  He has a Cavalier-style moustache and goatee and is wearing shiny cuff-links.  He has a square blue stone in his left ear and a stud in his tongue.  Silver teeth gleam from the back of his mouth.  His manner is gruff.

Later, at the bar, I ask my question.  'There's no fucking way you're getting mine', he says.  I call after him to ask why not.  'It's embarrassing', he says, 'What's yours?'  I tell him.  'You've got a surname as a middle name?' he says.  'I suppose so', I reply.  With a mumble he reveals his own.  'What's embarrassing about that?' I ask.  'You don't get many of them about these days', he replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment